In the Southern East region of Asia is where Garcinia Cambogia grows. Hydroxycitric Acid is extracted from the rind of the fruit. This acid was initially for cooking, but recently another use has been discovered: weight loss. This fruit can be purchased in departmental stores or online. When buying, remember to specify the form you want it in. It is available in powder and pill forms.
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss
Being an organic acid, Hydroxycitric Acid makes a person feel full, reduces their appetite and has an impact on their metabolism. These three functions have led people to believe that their cure for weight loss is finally here. Other quarters claim that this acid reduces cholesterol hence improving performance.
- Speeding up of metabolism – When used as a supplement, Garcinia Cambogia has an influence on the metabolism of fat. This is corroborated by various studies that have been carried out both in humans and rodents.
- Enhancement of physical performance – It has been researched and found that Garcinia Cambogia lengthens the time one takes to be exhausted when exercising.
Potential risks of Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss
Any beginner’s guide to Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss will caution the user that they may not immediately experience any effects immediately. However, toxicity and other effects may be shown after some years. The dangers are normally hidden, and they majorly affect the liver in the form of injury and toxicity. A lot of manufacturers of Garcinia Cambogia’s powder and pill normally recommend that they are taken in doses that are high. Care should be taken to ensure that the doses are stretched for weeks.The main side effects are but not limited to:
- Immunity is lowered Alternating periods of fatigue and energy. This will go on for some days
- Restlessness and some instances of confusion which is normally mild
- Rashes on the skin – the mouth become dry and cases of breath being bad headaches
- Dip in appetite and some cases the person may have nausea and diarrhea.
Conditions where Garcinia Cambogia should be avoided include the following:
- Mothers who are pregnant or are breastfeeding
People who have a medical history of the following diseases: kidney and liver
- People who are taking medications for allergies and asthma
- People with diabetes Anemic persons People taking medications that reduce pain
In conclusion, when taking Garcinia Cambogia, one should not only consider the benefits and side effects but others like the recommendation of the Food and Drug administrations. FDA has cautioned the public to be aware of any supplements and drugs that promise quick solutions. Further to this, the perception that anything natural is safe should be treated with caution.